Help a Stray Cat
Do you have a cat living in your street, garden or roof even, that is continually getting pregnant? Are you fed-up with the heartbreaking sight of kittens struggling to survive on the street? We can help...
We have safe, humane cat traps that we can use to catch and neuter the stray cat in your street/garden/roof.
This is beneficial for both male and female strays.
Uncastrated males spend much of their lives hunting for females to impregnate and marking territory (i.e. spraying urine in your garden!) If you have a cat yourself, this intrusion into your cats' territory is highly stressful for your cat. Furthermore, uncastrated male cats are more likely to get into fights with other cats due to territorial squabbles, and therefore more likely to suffer injuries such as cat bite abscesses. Finally, the fighting and sex lead to transmission of viruses such as FIV (cat AIDS) and Feline Leukaemia Virus, both of which massively shorten life expectency. All in all, male cats not being used for breeding should be neutered, especially strays that are likely to spread disease.
The mortality rate among newborns from stray cats is huge. This suffering is easily avoided by simply catching and neutering any stray adult female. Not only does it prevent the heartbreaking sight of starving and frail kittens dying on the street, or being callously dumped as so often ends up happening, it also gives the adult female a far less stressful life.
How we do it!
- Call or email us to inform us you have a stray that you would like neutered
- Our ambulance comes to your home and sets up the cat trap with bait
- You monitor the trap daily and call us as soon as the cat is inside
- We collect the cat and trap
- The cat is neutered, de-wormed, de-flead, shampooed if dirty and given a thorough check over
- We return the cat to the location it was trapped 48 hours later
We offer this service for an all-inclusive cost of Rp. 500,000.